"gran" and "medio" Timed Routes
The 60 mile “Medio” and 100 mile “Gran” routes will have adhesive seatpost number plates provided at registration. They have a unique personal-encrypted-decal that will register your time when you cross the Timing Mat 7.8 miles from the start and in return again at 6.7 miles from the finish. (Note the Start at 7.8 miles is different from the finish route.) This is for rider safety, routing away from the busier streets. Please become familiar with your route and check out the Routes Page. The 20-mile family route is not a timed event.
- 20 Mile “Family" - Green Signs with yellow arrows.
- 60 Mile “Medio" - Red Signs with yellow arrows.
- 100 Mile “Gran" - Black Signs with yellow arrows.
Safety & Rules of the Road
- The Yellow Line Rule is in effect.
- Use of headphones is prohibited.
- All riders are required to wear a helmet.
- Rules of the Road are in effect at all times during the event.
- Riders are encouraged to ride single file and are expected to be aware of and obey all traffic lights and road signs.
- If you are on your bike in the expo area you are required to wear a helmet both before and after the ride.
Gran Route featuring the "BONK BREAKER" Bypass
There is a 1.9 mile section that allows us to stay out of the city and traffic lights. This "Short-Cut" is 50/50 dirt and pavement. The dirt can be on the soft side. It's very short and has been ridden by our entire valley's clubs with zero problems. We hope you enjoy this unique feature of the "Gran" route.
Muscle Monster “KOM” presented By Primal
There is a 1.1 mile Strava Special Test on Spunky Canyon Road. Are you up for the challenge of taking the fastest time on the ride?
- "Gran" Route riders your timing starts at mile 73.0 and ends at mile 74.1
- "Medio" Route riders your timing starts at mile 37.9 and ends at mile 39.0
- This "KOM" segment is being timed by your personal Strava account and computer.
- 24-Jerseys are being awarded for the best time in each rider-class.
Crossing The Virtual Timed Finish Line
For the safety of the Medio and Gran Riders, once across the Timing Mat on Bouquet Canyon road, the timed event is "Neutral" and over a Social pace to the Start/Finish/Expo Area is appreciated. There are two left hand turns that take place on major roads. Safety First.
Event Sag provided
There will be numerous event sag vehicles providing safety to our riders. These Vehicles will be marked. These vehicles will be able to assist riders in need of support. Please note that you are not allowed to have your own private sag on the route or private feeds outside of feed zones.
Phone Service and Rider Respect
Please note that there are numerous areas on the course where there is limited or poor Phone Service. If you see a rider in medical need or with a broken bicycle please take a number and description and please provide this information to the personnel at the next feed zone. If for some reason there is a rider in need, we ask you to stay with the downed rider until the arrival of sag vehicle or medical attention. You will be compensated for your actions.
Post Ride Meal and Beer Garden
Each rider of the Medio and Gran routes will receive a meal ticket in their Musette. Additional meal tickets per family member can be purchased for $10 per family member.
Medio and Gran Results will be immediately available from the instant the rider crosses the Finish Line Mat on Bouquet Canyon Road. They will be visible in real-time on-site at the Start/Finish location seven miles away.
Gran Fondo Santa Clarita Bike Expo
Saturday - 4pm the Bike Expo will be able to access to vendors, the Road Bike Action Kids course (on the grass) will be open.
Sunday - Open all day: There are numerous bike industry companies in the vendor area; they are there for you to visit and see new products they have to present. Please note that they also offer up significant prizes for the day's raffle!
Please contact Robb Mesecher at email@example.com for any questions or sponsor requests.